Friday, September 15, 2006

Funkified

It isn't just my mood lately. The funk has also been in G's lunchbag.

I have been sending G to Kindergarten with a packed lunch almost every day. I figured since he's such a picky eater for me, he'd be just as picky for the public lunch system. I have endeavoured to be creative and send something different each day of the week. The packed lunch has become a secret language between mother and son. He never wants to know beforehand what I have packed. He likes the surprise of it. And I like to surprise him too.

Apparently, he likes to surprise me daily too, with the day's end sludge in the bottom of the lunchbag I packed. That boy won't throw away his trash to save his life. I asked him several times to please throw his trash away at the end of lunch period in the cafeteria. Last week, I asked his teacher to intervene and please oversee the trash departure. The bag came home clean until today.

Contents:
One mostly empty juice box
straw out of said juice box
yogurt sludge
empty yogurt container with peeled back lid
crushed Ritz crackers
crumbles of cheddar cheese
tray in which the Ritz crackers and cheese came in
a red apple with exactly two bites taken out
roll of sweettarts, whole but now sticky
spoon
wadded napkin

Ew.

Is this a boy thing? Pre-occupied five year-old thing? Or is this "Mom, I love you and love it when you take care of me" thing? Yeah, that last one must be it. *eye roll*

No comments: