Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Miscellaneous Meanderings

I've got too many paths to blog about to focus on any one thing. So here's the hodgepodge. Try and keep up, will you?

Harry Potter.
I am checking out the photos from The Order of the Phoenix. The Phelps twins *are* looking a bit old for their roles, but I won't say the same for the rest of the crew. They seem very "age appropriate" to me. Gee. Been so long since I have my head in Harry's world. I miss Harry. I miss his magical ability to subside my kidney pain long enough to let the damn thing pass. Had I been reading any other book, I would have been in more pain and misery. I look forward to the movie. And OF COURSE the next book. *sniff* That LAST book. I hope the end befits the entire ride.

Applications
I have submitted two job applications with more on the horizon. It doesn't answer the "am I going back to work?" inquiry. It might. There are smarter ways to do this than to type in the computer endlessly. Am I going to do more? Unknown.

Birthdays
We have birthdays coming up, kids and adults. I am booked on Oct. 15 and prolly 14 too. We HAVE to celebrate Kay's "18th birthday" in a special way this year. Le Bare Club? Something. Then Chloe in her wonder mini woman glory. At the end of the month I have to watch for those Halloweeners.

Dinner
I hate recipes. (not really) I hate following recipes when I see better ways of doing things. So, I largely cook off the cuff. Lastest dishes: Top Shelf Chicken one night and Curry Burgers another night. Both yummy. You just never know with me.

Rescue Services
God bless my girlfriend for creating such an exciting night on Monday. Playing damsel in disress is so underrated these days. Two 911 calls. At least there was a chaotic rescue. God bless cell phones, eh Janine?

So tired. Time to wobble off...

2 comments:

One Mother with Cancer said...

Here's a wonderful receipe for ribs, it takes a couple of days to make, but man the reward. I served mine up with apple crisp for desert, and tomato and cucumber salad.

Take a rack of baby back ribs. Cook slowly—we're talking eight hours. Serve to your best friends on Earth.


INGREDIENTS
2 teaspoons Spike seasoning
1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
5 racks baby back ribs (about 5 pounds)
6 garlic cloves, minced
2 large jalapeño peppers, minced
2 large onions, halved and thinly sliced
2 green bell peppers, thinly sliced
2 red bell peppers, thinly sliced
2 yellow bell peppers, thinly sliced

In a cup, combine Spike and black pepper. Sprinkle 1/4 tsp. seasoning mixture on each side of the rib racks. In a small bowl, combine the minced garlic, jalapeño peppers and remaining seasoning mixture. Rub the garlic mixture on the top and bottom of the ribs. Line a large roasting pan (17 x 11 1/2 inches) with enough foil to wrap all the ribs. Spread a layer of onions and bell peppers on top of the foil. Place 2 rib racks, side by side, on the vegetables. Continue to layer the onions and peppers and the ribs. Tightly wrap the marinated ribs in the foil and refrigerate for 2 days.

Remove the pan from the refrigerator and let it sit at room temperature for 30 minutes. Preheat the oven to 400°.

Before placing the ribs in the oven, reduce the temperature to 300°. Bake the foil-wrapped ribs for 6 to 8 hours. Remove the ribs. Spoon off the fat from the liquid in the pan and discard, reserving the pan juices. Cut each rack into three sections and serve with the vegetables and pan juices, plus sides of rice and chopped tomato-and-cucumber salad.

Recommended ingredients: Spike seasoning is a special blend of 38 herbs, vegetables and exotic spices, combined with a bit of salt. It can be found in most major grocery stores with spices or salt.

Just Jackie said...

Thanks for being my knight in shining armor! I needed a Prince Charming---only I didn't think it'd be a princeSS Charming. :)
love you.