Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Happy Halloween!

I have been working on a post for the past several nights but haven't actually gotten it to a point of finality just quite yet. In the meantime, I hope all had a safe and happy Halloween.

Traditionally at this point in the year, I offer my talents and services for a free tarot card reading to people around me. Yes, you read it right: I read tarot cards. It's one of "those things" that when you know me well, you know that I occasionally do.

I didn't do any readings last year, not even my own. Since my Mom was in her final days in her battle with cancer, I just wasn't in that space.

The cards are getting dusted off though and coming out of the closet. So, if any of you who happen to come and visit here would like a reading, please let me know.

Given this offer, I must disclose a couple of things:
1) I do not claim to be a psychic or fortell the future. Reading tarot cards is a reflective, meditative art for me. It will often help me organize my thoughts around an issue in my life and provides a point of intropection. I see it as a tool, not as an answer.
2) In spite of the above statements, I do have certain traditions (perhaps superstitions) that I uphold in the way I conduct a reading. I follow the traditions of my teacher and respect them.

Cards are on the table (I am SO pfunny!) and all you have to do is ask. Just for a taste here is a fun way to "forsee" what my readings are like. (Yes, terrible of me I know.) BTW, the cards you will see on that site are the actual style of cards I use. Very non-traditional and cool, eh?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How cool! I had a set of Tarot cards when I was a teen and always wanted to learn more about how they really worked instead of the stupid instructions on the box...

I'm game!!!

Anonymous said...

I would very much like to have my tarot cards read!