Tuesday, October 24, 2006

I (d)Rule!

My muse has turned my attentions away from blogging to cooking as of late. Since NJ has taken to napping from ~5-7 in the evenings, I have a choice: pay some attention to G and get dinner on the table or blog. Needless to say, my husband sure does appreciate the dinner. This means that the lack of blogging leaves me a little starved for expression and the bit of therapy and peace of mind this venture provides.

For the few people who keeps tabs on me: I made a killer Walnut Chicken tonight. You get Walnut Chicken instead of a long winded diatribe about ugly shoes that has been swimming around my head for ages and needs to be written one of these days. I have say, in my own humble way: MY WALNUT CHICKEN ROCKED ASS! No recipe, just me smelling every jar of herbs in my cabinet to find the "right" ingredients.

Before there was Walnut Chicken, there were the RIBS that Spanks recommended to me in the comments section. Spanks.... tasty stuff, Spanks! I usually don't est extremely fatty meat, but it was YUMMY. Thanks April for that recipe!

Kay was on our local news. She saw a wrong and set about making it as right as humanly possible. Brave woman. Great job on the snippet. It's still on TiVo if needed. Kay, you're my hero!

My Dad's new German Doberman came care of Lufthansa Cargo. I picked up papers, took them to Homeland Security for approval. Now my dad has one new companion. He's an adorable 10 week old pup. We call him Itchy, although Dad wants something more dignified. Baron. We'll see who will train who here. Pup or Dad? Who do you think will win?

NJ has grown a tooth. A TOOTH! At four months. She's been drooling and munching on us since birth. I started her on some Squash, which went over okay. Then I tried Banana, which she slurped up with abandon. At the moment, she's yelling for her nightly milk, so away I must.

I promise more things of interest soon...
~L

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new tooth! My kids got them early too.

And the dinners sound yummy! It has inspired me to plan something for tonight...

One Mother with Cancer said...

I'm glad you liked the ribs, I've only made them once myself, but I invited a couple of friends over and they loved it. I think it would be just as good with chicken, but of course it wouldn't have to marinate 2 whole days. I'm glad your doing well.

Ab-stractions said...

It's time for food already? Where does the time go? If you make the ribs again, I promise not to miss them next time.