Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Look Mom, No Hands!

That should be punctuated as Look! Mom = No Hands.

Having a newborn is a challenge. Having a newborn and a five year old adjusting to having a newborn is even more of a challenge. It's working itself out slowly.

G is having a rough time when it comes to M's time and attention. G wants all of M's attention. He doesn't want to share with NJ and even these days I am questionable. Tonight he didn't want to share M's attention with food. M asked G for a moment to finish eating but a complete meltdown ensued and Bad Cop Mama had to intervene. It got resolved, and not in the way G had expected. Bad Cop Mama always wins, I don't know why he doesn't know this. The negotiations and threats ended with me revealing a surprise gift being mailed, but those collection of McD's Cars from ebay was just the ticket in getting G to chill. When those vehicles do arrive I'll be renamed Hero Mama and all will be right with the world. In the meantime you can bet that G will offer to check the mail every day.

NJ is largely usurping all my time. She wants to be fed (read: suck, suck, snoooooooze, suck, suck, snoooooooze... etc.) and held most of the day. Today I folded as much laundry as possible with one hand. I don't know what I'll do for my next trick. If I could get the dishes washed with no hands, I would. (Monkey feet do no good in this case!) G loves to wash dishes, but it involves more sinking of ships in whatever form than actual soap and scrubbing. By the end of the summer, that may change... muahahaha!

Guess I should go crawl back into bed and snuggle my wee lass. She'll be up before I want her to be, probably just as I am drifting off myself. Such is the newborn life. :-)

2 comments:

Ab-stractions said...

don't you still have your sling? then you could have both hands free

Gwynnethe said...

Zat would be in the attic still methinks... and those things SHOULD come down this weekend. (Cross yer fingers!)