Thursday, November 23, 2006

A Real Family Shares Cooties

Abs hosting our Thanksgiving meal at her place today and did it with flair. We went semi-traditional and went ham instead of turkey, but went with many of the usual accompaniments. Of course, there had to be pie. Cherry and pumpkin.

G wanted to try some with trepidation. Two small slices were cut and placed on a plate for his consumption.

G: "Where's my fork?"
Me, handing him my spare fork: "Here's one."
G, eyes me wearily: "Are your germs on this?"
Me, takes the fork back and looks at it, licks it and hands it back to G.
Me: "There are now."
The entire table: Mother-in-law, Sister-in-law, Hubby M and my Dad looked at me gaping mouths.
G is watching the shocked faces and not the licked fork.
Me: "It's fine. What's the problem? We swap germs when we kiss."
G: "But we didn't kiss. You just xerbited me."
Me: "Yes and there are now my germs all over your neck and probably crawling up into your ears."
G: "CAN WE NOT TALK ABOUT THIS?!?!?"

No comments: