Thursday, November 30, 2006

Long Live the King

We Texans are currently fuh-reaking out because we are having snow and sleet. (With only a little accumulation!) We're huge weenies when it comes to winter. Schools are shutting down because it will probably ice over later. We don't know how to drive on ice, in fact, knowing how to drive period is negotiable. (Hence the PANIC!!!)

Yesterday the high was 80 degrees, and by bedtime it was in the high 40's. Only in Texas.

Last night, G went to bed in his room as per usual. I knew he wouldn't stay there. Call it mother's intuition. NJ wasn't interested in sleeping alone either. So, by 2 am there were four people bodies in our Queen sized Tempurpedic bed. M was taking up his usual space on his stomach, G next to him on his side, and NJ next to G. Me? I had a few inches to try to perform my balancing act. We have NJ's co-sleeper next to the bed, so I propped my pillow across the space like a bridge. My shoulders hung in the space between the bed and co-sleeper. Very uncomfortable.

I told M if we keep this up for the winter, a king Tempurpedic should be in our future. That *might* actually hold the four humans and four cats, don't you think?

No comments: