Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Because Santa Can...

This is G's Christmas list as it was dictated to me:

1. JET PACK (note to self: too much Mythbusters)
2. MONSTER TRUCK RIDE-ON CAR I SAW ON THE BIG LOTS COMMERCIAL THAT I CAN DRIVE (note to self: start hiding the car keys)
3. SUCKER GLOVES AND SHOES SO I CAN CLIMB BUILDINGS LIKE SPIDERMAN (note to self: ditto number 1)
4. A REAL LIGHTSABER (note to self: call George Lucas)
5. 14 SUCTION CUP GUNS (note to self: lower the glass deductible on the home insurance.)
6. A ROCKET POWERED BICYCLE (note to self: take training wheel off G's bike and then let's see if this is still on the list.)
7. REMOTE CONTROLLED LIGHTNING MCQUEEN WITH ROCKETS (note to self: purchase firecrackers and tape them on the remote controlled Lightning McQueen he already and call it good.)
8. RADIO-CONTROLLED AIRPLANE KIT (note to self: defer to RC building enthusiast husband.)
9. REMOTE CONTROL BOWLING BALL (note to self: I actually like this idea... Kay, there's the million dollar idea!)
10. POCKET FAN (note to self: We *do* live in Texas... aw, heck ditto #1)
11. POCKET HEATER (note to self: Uh, we live in Texas... ditto #1)
12. INVISIBILITY MACHINE (note to self: Don't we all at times...)

Me: "So, can we put something on the list Santa could actually get you, you know like from a store?"
G *blank stare*
G: "But Mom, he's SANTA, he could make me ANYTHING."
Me thinking... 'Dammit, he DOES listen to me'
Me thinking... 'Uh, son, I lied... Santa DOESN'T exist.'
Me thinking... 'Damn you, ADAM SAVAGE and JAMIE HYNEMAN!'
Me, reluctantly: "Well... I can't really argue with that..."

Uh, yeah, that works.

No comments: