Thursday, December 28, 2006

Milestones

Christmas is over. After a frantic shop at the last minute, all immediate presents were wrapped and delivered.

For M, I shopped from the "boring wife" list and bought him much needed clothes.

For G, I shopped from the "cool mom" list and bought him a microscope and a rocket.

For NJ, I shopped from the "is this for me or you?" list and bought her three Groovy Girls. With G, the addiction was Beanie Babies, with NJ it's gonna be Groovy Girls.

I got a snazzy new purse, which turned out just fine. G was determined to get me a purse, but I am ultra-picky on what I will carry day to day. I admit, I was frightened by the prospect. M said he originally picked a bright red alligator purse with lots of bling, mananging to stear him towards something simple and black with buckles. My hubby actually pulled off a "cool husband" gift by enrolling me in a Photography class at the closest community college campus. It was very unexpected, and I can't wait to start!

Of course, as Murphy would have it, M dropped my precious new camera and busted the lens within 30 minutes of me opening my cool Photography lessons. Luckily we bought the "insurance" and just need to find the receipt...

Yesterday, M turned 40. I had wanted to have a big to-do, but that will have to occur after the holidays. Happy birthday old man!

NJ is now sitting up on her own. She's still not very good at it. She's like a drunk old man sitting there swaying and lilting. Blabbering nonsense and drooling. We really need to dig out the video camera and capture this for posterity. Perhaps I will make a first attempt at posting video and share in the fun. We'll see how the times goes.

We'll be heading to Houston to visiting the "extended family" (M's best friend and family) for the New Year. This will be the second New Year we've spent down there with them and it's starting to feel like a tradition. I'm sure I will have stories to report from that excursion. Mucho fun!

No comments: