Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Shocking Confessional: I Love Crap TV

I talked with one of my closest friends yesterday to check in and see how things were. He lives in another state, which as of yesterday's conversation is a good thing. If he were closer, he might be sporting a fresh bruise on his left shin.

I called out of concern. It's a long story, but he and I have this weird connection and when I have dreams of him, I call. It usually means something is up. I dreamed of him, but more importantly I dreamed of his pregnant wife. I don't dream of his wife. Ever. So, I thought it had to be significant.

Not.

Instead I got shit about how I love Grey's Anatomy.

Seriously? Seriously.

According to him I must be under some extreme amount of stress or suffering post partum depression to succumb to a love of something so "cliched." I just think he's getting old and out of touch with current culture. (jab,jab)

Okay, fine, I'll admit it: I LIKE CRAP TV. I *like* Grey's Anatomy and Lost. I like House and Prison Break. Heck, give me some Desperate Housewives to boot. Oh, and while we're at it: throw in some American Idol, Hell's Kitchen, Miami Ink and OMG Rockstar Supernova. Forget the fact I will watch a Law & Order episode over and over, especially if it's SVU, but not CI, cause Vincent D'Onofrio is a freak. Of course, then there's Mythbusters, which isn't Crap TV, but I will mention it anyway.

For The Record: TV is merely one of my escapes. I do still read. And occasionally return my movies to Netflix so I can watch another. And The Sure Thing is still a part of my own personal library. And I introduced you to Secretary.

At least my love for Crap TV doesn't include Doc or 7th Heaven. I mean, please, give me *some* credit.

1 comment:

Just Jackie said...

My List of Favorite Crap to Watch:
Grey's Anatomy
CSI: Las Vegas
Rockstar Supernova
Desperate Housewives
Gene Simmons Family Jewels
Letterman
Jimmy Kimmel
NFL Football

...thank goodness I don't have more cable channels b/c I know I would like some stuff on those other channels like Queer Eye, etc.