Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Torn

I had to admit it, but we're in a bit of a financial bind. M makes enough money to pay most of the bills, but alas my screwup of last year's taxes has left us owing the government a substantial amount of money. Money we don't have lying around so we can't just pay them off and be done with the entire mess. Luckily the IRS agreed to our payment plan. Even without the cost of G's school, there just isn't the money in the budget to give to them AND still money for entertainment expenses, house expenses beyond bills, cash, other sundries. We're down to basics: food, gas and utilities.

The big question is whether to go get a job so we have breathing room, or do we just cut back on the little luxuries of our lives? I could just temp, using my skills on presentation development and research so that I am not locked into a 5 day a week job. I am concerned though about care for NJ. I can't imagine I could find a place who would accept an infant on the fly. If they did, would they meet my critical standards?!?!? Or, do I just succumb to a 9-5 job as an assistant or such where minimal brain power and minimal devotion is required. Just a good job done during my 8 hours of contribution. OR do I risk developing my own work. I could blog and turn it into an income earner. I could start an eBay business of Yard sale finds cleaned up and given a little TLC. So many choices!

I guess I should pray/meditate about this, put the energy out there and see what comes back to me. I trust that the "right thing" will.

No comments: