Sunday, April 09, 2006

Recovery

While I expected the sleepover to produce many funny stories, it may take me time to process the whole experience. You see... while the boys got *some* sleep, while not nearly enough which is a function of sleepovers, I got zip. Zero. Nada. Welcome back insomnia.

*sighs*

I tried to sleep. Really. Took my Ambien, even went back to take my fully prescribed dose which I had been working to reduce. I got groggy, but zoomed past groggy into "hell no, we won't go."

Thank goodness for "hands-on" husbands and Krispy Kreme since the boys were up at dawn. I tried to convince them that 6 a.m. might be fine for getting up during the week, but it was the weekend and that meant it was early, too early. Needless to say, they didn't buy it. I asked them to try to sleep more, which they tentatively agreed to. However, ten minutes later they were up and dressed on their own accord. They found things to do for a bit in G's room, they are resourceful chaps after all.

Lucky for me, my husband also tends to get up at dawn even when he tries not to. Time to whip out the secret sleepover plan: Krispy Kreme, here comes trouble.

This gave me time to rest and catch some naps. So... I shall profess my eternal love publicly to my wonderful husband. I am blessed to have such an understanding and flexible spouse. M, I love you babe.

Meanwhile, it's time for me to turn in for the evening. Family drama has exploded this evening and frankly, I am just too tired to deal. I have steered clear of blogging about it, but perhaps getting it out might be therapeutic.

One step at a time, for everyone.

Recovery never comes when we want it. But it does come. I have to trust that. Through laughter and tears, it will come.

No comments: