Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Hump Day, Dump Day

I've had things to write about. Lots of things. Semi-dramatic things, personal thoughts things, TV things. I haven't been in the space to sit and "download" from my brain to the keyboard. However, I was thinking today of my blogless space and I think I will just download random thoughts. Let's see if you can keep up...

* My cell phone was stolen last week. I didn't take it seriously when my Dad said I should call and cancel it the moment I discovered it. I thought, no... I am being pregnant and will find it in the refrigerator, or in the couch, or in under the back seat of the car even though I searched under those seats a thousand times. I just knew it was me and my inherent disogranization. I would find it... eventually. But when M called it on Tuesday out of habit and some dude answered, we knew. It wasn't misplaced. It was gone. GONE. I wasn't getting it back. We cancelled and then I proceeded to storm about like the pregnant mad woman I am. I loved my phone. It's the first phone I have really adored. Silly, but I am SO picky. Usually I would relish the thought of picking out the latest and greatest gadget. But, I've been through several cell phones in my life and the thought of having to shop for a new one was nearly unbearable. When the hormone surge died down, I got a new phone. And so far, I even like it. Woe be unto the jerk who stole my phone though. I have phone records for the days he used it. Don't piss off a pregnant woman who secretly wants to be a Private Investigator. Cause I ain't done with that story yet.

*Grey's Anatomy, Grey's Anatomy, Grey's Anatomy. *sighs* I love that show. It's so brilliant. I think it might actually overshadow Lost. (barely... tough to tell, Lost still has the season finale to go!)

*A recent Grey's Anatomy had Meredith refuse to admit that she's Scary and Damaged. I loved Finn's speech about being okay with being Scary and Damaged. I think as human beings, we all are. And we're afraid to admit the ways in which we are. We try to cover up those ways in front of other people, but we cover nothing. People usually see YOU. Scary, Damaged, Beauty and Joy, etc. Or perhaps that's my delusion. I want people to think I am Wonder Woman. Could people really love me for who I am? Flaws and all? Yes, they do. And even I love me this way. At the core, I really do. I just occasionally forget that I do. Thank goodness for days like today, when I remember. :-)

1 comment:

Just Jackie said...

You ARE Wonder Woman!