Thursday, May 11, 2006

No More Idolizing

It's being widely talked about in the media today: Chris Daughtry was voted off American Idol.

It's a travesty.

Chris was the best singer in my (oh so) humble opinion.

I like Taylor, and I guess, America loves Taylor. I like that he's quirky and doesn't fit the predisposed notion of what a "Pop Star" should be. He's salt and pepper. He's cute, but in a "boy next door" kind of way. Still, I thought this show was about TALENT. Taylor can sing, absolutely. But not SAYNG... I mean, REALLY REALLY SING. Yes, Kat can. I feel she's a little too "polished" and she tries to sing. She doesn't let go very easily.

Chris just got up there and did his thing. There's something about him I find more "IT" than anyone else. Such a frigging shame. I am sure we'll hear more from that boy. I hope so, anyhow. (I have just a teeny you-can-idolize-me-anytime crush, can you tell? I LOVE a bald man with facial hair, so tasty...) Chris is just so his music. He puts his heart and soul into and just IS music. He can let go. I also loved his choice of Live's version of "Walk the Line" and Queen's "Innuendo." Not everybody (okay, hardly ANYBODY) can pull a Freddie Mercury. I think Chris at least did it justice.

No more Idol voting for me. My choice is gone. *sighs*

I am done ranting now. Just had to get it out. :-)

No comments: