Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Day Three And All Is Relatively Well

So, it's Day 3 of my being a full fledged stay-at-home mom. G has no school since he was 18 months old. He's relieved, and I have been a little anxious about being around each other ALL DAY. I mean, he's a great kid, easy in so many ways... but we are ultimately alike, territorial and in need of constant input.

Surprise, surprise, we haven't killed each other yet or even come close. I expected at the very least a demand of attention or territorial dispute over the TV or computer. There hasn't been too much of that. Although, admittedly, my Law & Order view time has diminished.

Last night Abs and I decided to catch the feral kittens from the garage. Turned out to be an easy task, however, one of the kittens has an atrophied paw. We rushed her and her siblings to the doctor's office where they were kind enough to look her over. It isn't life threatening at this point, but she'll probably need a leg amputated. I just need them gone... taken care of and to a good home. (Not coyote food.) M is dancing around with anxiety, swearing those kittens must go. He's not having to convince me about that one.

I ache today. A deep ache that covers me like a heavy blanket. I didn't sleep well last night. This is what is going to be difficult managing G for the new weeks and G AND Twiggy afterwards. How will I react to Twiggy's schedule? If they weather would just stay clear and hot, I know I will be better off. The sunshower I previously mentioned brought this ache. The overcast weather can often smother me in pain.

Time to go check on the boy. Silence is golden, but it usually involves something I have to clean up. ;-)

No comments: