Thursday, March 09, 2006

Blogging under the influence

Once again, today has been a shitty day. Largely because I couldn't get to sleep. This point after I realize that the elusive sleep is no where close, I get up. I get up because it is way more frustrating to lay there, listening to M snore and trying to convince myself that I should be sleeping. Which, never works.

So up I am. And now that I am up, what do I do? I blog. But, this blogging is much more dangerous for you, my reader, than you could know. You see... I am a raging insomniac. I don't sleep without help. (Natural sleep might occur then every third or forth day if I left my body to it's own devices.) Ambien has become my best friend. With Ambien there is a greater chance that I can sleep peacefully. The pregnancy has challenged this, of course. Pregnancy tends to aggravate my naturally occurring insomnia and turn it into a monster. Still, the Ambien presses on and does it's best to slay the wakeful dragon. Sometimes Ambien and I win, sometimes the dragon wins.

If the dragon wins, my new diversion is to blog. Here I am, your fierce leader, blogging away under the influence. So if you were wondering why things may sound and look a little off... they probably are. I try to correct as much as I can in my post sleep sobriety.

*yawn*

I think I will take this as a cue to try once again to head to bed. Wish me luck!

No comments: