Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Window Shopping

I'm in love.

And, I hate it when this happens.

I don't MEAN for these things to happen, they just do. One look and I get instantly emotionally invested.

Okay, perhaps I should take that back, after all, I DO put myself into these situations quite a few times. I go looking and don't necessarily find what I am looking for... and then *WHAM* there it is. The perfect thing.

It has come in the form of cats and clothes and kitchen towels and numerous other items. The feeling you have found "it." I know my husband gets understandably concerned when I go to look for "it" innocently of course, by: 1) going to "pet the dogs and cats at the SPCA" 2) going into any store without a specific need, etc.

Today I was driving. A completely innocent activity. I didn't expect to find "it" while merely driving home. No. I expected to drive home, stumble inside and head straight for the bedroom and hole myself up until 3:15 when I need to pick up G.

But I took a new way home today, and taking new paths often have unexpected consequences. Consequences like, you fall in love.

With a house.

I know, I know. I have a house. A house I mostly like. Okay, a house I mostly love to hate. It's a fine house. I admit, a house with a tremendous amount of potential. Nice layout, good foundation. I can see each room for what it could be.... It is a house of hopes and dreams. A house that with a lot of money and attention paid, would make a really great house for some time.

But.

It's a small house. A house with little character. (A huge amount of history, still a house with little style and character.) It's a 50's ranch. It will never be anything else. I mean, we could try to put a "modern" spin on it's look, but at the end of the day, it's a 50's ranch, box-o-house. Not interesting.

And this house I am in love with? It's Mediterranean/Spanish styled. Dark brick, arched plate glass windows, beautifully landscaped yard... It's a 4/3 which means more space for us and the kids. It does have a pool, which is usually a deal breaker for me, but I would have to see the rest of the house before I wrote it off. It has 2,900 sq. ft. My hubby would appreciate the lawn sprinklers, and room for a workbench in the garage. (http://infotube.net/search_detail.php?photo=1&Adnumber=136330)

No photos there, unfortunately.

*sighs*

I guess I will pine for a few days and let it go.

Breaking up is *so* hard to do.

*sniff*

No comments: